There are some amazing travel resources throughout the internet.
You will find resources in print and as downloadable apps that can make your trip abroad more enriching and more enjoyable. Here is a list to help you plan and enjoy your next educational adventure abroad.
Trip Planning and Preparation
- US State Department – Get up-to-date information on current warnings and the overall risk of your chosen destination
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Research the recommended vaccines and health precautions you need to take for your destination
- Travisa – The largest service provider to acquire your travel visa
- India Visas – Begin the process to get your “visa on arrival” for India
- Invitation Letter – If you need a visa invitation letter please contact the No Barriers Youth office.
- XE – Get up-to-date exchange rates online or via their smart phone app
Smart Phone Apps
- Packing Pro – Manage your packing process with customized check lists
- Entrain – Lets you plan and manage your sleep schedule to mitigate jet lag
- Smart Traveler – The official State Department app for U.S. travelers containing country information, travel alerts, maps, U.S. embassy locations, and more
- GateGuru – From managing your flight schedule to finding the best restaurant in your airport, GateGuru will make your air travel far more enjoyable
- Google Translate – Not quite bilingual yet? Get a little help from Google on how to ask for the nearest restroom
Magazines & Online Publications
- AFAR Magazine – The best resource for immersive and unique travel opportunities
- Lonely Planet – Research your next travel destination from one of the best guide books around
- National Geographic Traveler – Add to your bucket list of global travel destinations along with National Geographic’s award winning photos
- Verge Magazine – A wonderful publication for study abroad and volunteer articles and opportunities
- Matador Network – An entertaining look into culture and travel