At No Barriers Youth we fully support you in your Expedition recruitment efforts to ensure you generate excitement among your students and families to make the program a success.
We can provide you with any combination of the following marketing material:
- Custom designed flyer with your trip price, dates and details
- Country specific promotional posters you can print yourself
- Custom designed PowerPoint presentation for your Program Info Meeting (PIM)
- Info night support and topic outline
- No Barriers Youth participation through Skype or conference call on your info night to assist with questions
- Sign-up sheets
STEP 1: ADMINISTRATION SUPPORT & ITINERARY
After you get support and backing by your school and/or district work with No Barriers Youth to design your program and itinerary.
STEP 2: PROMOTING YOUR EXPEDITION
- Schedule your Program Information Meeting (PIM)
- Find a convenient date for both your students and their parents. Planning the PIM around other school events or parent meetings can be advantageous.
- Get the word out
- No Barriers Youth will provide you with a custom flyer and additional collateral to help promote your PIM and the expedition
- Announce the trip and parent info night in daily messages, the school newspaper, newsletters, at parent teacher conferences, and email or call parents when possible
- Enthusiastically discuss the trip in your class and make sure you have the No Barriers Youth flyer on hand for students to take home.
- Inform students about fundraising opportunities offered through No Barriers Youth
- Recruit students and parents to be Expedition ambassadors to recruit other students
- Remember the more people who see and hear about the expedition, the more likely you’ll get the necessary sign-ups for your program to get off the ground!
STEP 3: HOST THE PROGRAM INFORMATION MEETING (PIM)
- No Barriers Youth will provide you with a PowerPoint and meeting outline for your PIM
- A No Barriers Youth representative can join your PIM via Skype to help answer questions
- Make sure you have printed copies of the itinerary, flyer, and that you can effectively project the PowerPoint presentation
- Communicate clearly the expedition costs, registration deadlines, immunization requirements, passport and visa information, etc.
- Help families register students at the PIM and walk them through the online registration process
STEP 4: PROMOTION AND ENROLLMENT
- Continue with recruitment, and enrollment support
- Remind your students and families about registration deadlines
- About a month prior to departure you will receive a comprehensive Group Leader manual with an up to date itinerary, risk management information, t-shirts for all travelers, and more