There is nothing quite like Fort Collins adventure trips and camp in the stunning landscapes of Colorado. There is so much to see and experience, like hiking through mountain streams beneath snow-capped peaks to camping underneath the Milky Way. A thrill-seekers playground, Colorado is the perfect place to learn how to rock climb, get soaked on a rafting expedition, and learn valuable backcountry skills that will be useful on future expeditions.
No Barriers Youth Adventure Trips maximize all that Colorado has to offer. Based out of our No Barriers Mountain Campus near Red Feather Lakes, north of Fort Collins, students can learn how to rock climb on our climbing wall before moving to natural rock. Students can also immerse themselves in the beauty of Colorado on a backpacking trip before experiencing the thrill of a whitewater rafting trip. For further adventures, learn survival techniques that you can carry with you on future family or self-supported backcountry expeditions. See our programs and dates below for more information.
Boots, Boats and Climbing Ropes
Ages: 12-14 | Cost: $995
BBCR is our beginner to intermediate Adventure Trip designed to engage students in a variety of outdoor recreation opportunities. The course is designed to increase the challenge for older participants who have moved beyond camp, and to provide a means for youth to discover their passions in the outdoors. This 8 day trip includes:
- 4 days, 3 nights of backpacking in scenic State Forest State Park near Cameron Pass
- Rafting on the Arkansas River through Brown’s canyon, one of the premier rafting locations in the world!
- Rock Climbing and Ropes Course at the beautiful No Barriers Mountain campus
Throughout this adventure students learn the skills necessary to enjoy the backcountry safely and comfortably while also getting a chance to challenge themselves and look within for the inspiration to grow and succeed. The course includes all transportation, meals, guided rafting and camping accommodations while on the program.
June 29 – July 6
July 22 – 29
New! Boots, Boats and Climbing Ropes Advanced
Ages: 12-14 | Cost: $1,095
New last year we are offering an extended and more advanced itinerary of our incredibly popular Boots Boats and Climbing Ropes trip. The 10-day course will include:
- 2 full days rafting with some junior guide training on the world class Arkansas River
- Backpacking in the Rocky Mountain’s Collegiate Peaks
- Rock Climbing and High Ropes at the beautiful Educo Mountain campus
New destinations and challenges are sure to make this a trip to remember!
August 3 – 12
Ages: 14-16 | Cost: $1,195
Survival School is the longest and most challenging course we offer. It is designed as a chance for participants who already have some outdoor experience to gain greater mastery of their skills. This program is all about living in the outdoors, including orienteering, water purification, fire making, shelter building and a variety of other pertinent skills. The 11-day course moves through a variety of locations for backpacking and camping. Some of the highlights of the course include:
- A 4 day/3 night backpacking portion near Cameron Pass
- Rafting on the Poudre River
- Exploring the many lakes and trails in the Red Feather Lakes area
- Rock climbing and the high ropes course on the beautiful No Barriers Mountain Campus
- A capstone night of “solo” camping, giving students the chance to experience the beauty and growth of a night of reflection in the woods, with safety and guide support nearby
June 11 – 21
July 9 – 19
Getting immersed in the culture of India and getting to know and love the children was the greatest. When the students would cling to me at the end of class, and tell me how much they enjoyed having me there was heartbreaking.Rachel W., Student
There is so much life, happening all the time. It's crazy to think that, after only three weeks, I feel like I've become accustomed to so much of how the world move.Saul S., Student
I just wanted to take a moment to formally thank you for another unbelievable and life changing trip. No Barriers Youth made it all possible and took the guesswork out of a potentially nerve wracking and complicated task.Amanda W., Trip Leader