10 Travel Books To Feed Your Wanderlust
When you can’t be out temple hopping in Thailand or exploring the ruins of Machu Picchu the next best thing is feeding your wanderlust inside the pages of a well written book.
Here are 10 great reads that will get you reinvigorated to travel and will spark your curiosity in destinations around the world!
- 1. Kon-Tiki by Thor Heyerdahl – The true and gripping story of an adventure at sea from South America to Polynesia.
- 2. The Great Railway Bazaar by Paul Theroux – Considered a modern classic in travel writing, Theroux takes readers on a magnificent railway adventure through India and beyond.
- 3. The Snow Leopard by Peter Matthiessen – A beautiful book that blends adventure and nature writing all in the context of Nepal and Buddhist thought.
- 4. A field Guide To Getting Lost by Rebecca Solnit – Personal stories written as autobiographical essays that creatively explore a wide range of travel experiences and topics.
- 5. The Art of Travel by Alain de Botton – A unique and charming book on why and how we travel that will keep you turning pages.
- 6. A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry – Get lost in the beauty and chaos of India and the wonderful storytelling of the author.
- 7. Our Man in Havana by Graham Greene – A classic espionage thriller first published in the 1950’s with an entertaining cast of characters.
- 8. Almost Somewhere. Twenty-Eight Days on the John Muir Trail by Suzanne Roberts – This is a wonderful story that is part travel and nature writing combined with the unique perspective of women in the backcountry.
- 9. The Good Girl’s Guide to Getting Lost: A Memoir of Three Continents, Two Friends, and One Unexpected Adventure by Rachel Friedman – A fun, adventurous tale that confirms that wanderlust and travel are addictive.
- 10. The Dharma Bums by Jack Kerouac – The lesser known of Kerouac’s work is equally engaging and his zest for life and travel are intoxicating.
To further your wanderlust reading visit our destinations page to plan your next adventure abroad.
- S Prev