10 Books For Teachers and Global Educators
Global Educators and Group Leaders take on the challenge of teaching history, discussing current events, debating ideologies, and inspiring students all while catching international flights, touring museums and volunteering on service projects.
To help add to your diverse repertoire of knowledge which will help your students succeed on an expedition and throughout life here are a few highly recommended reads. Enjoy!
- 1. Global Education Guidebook: Humanizing K-12 Classrooms Worldwide Through… by Jennifer D. Klein. A great resource providing strategies and solutions to successfully foster global citizenship, cross-cultural competence, critical thinking and more!
- 2. A Path Appears: Transforming Lives, Creating Opportunity by Nicholas D. Kristof and Sheryl WuDunn. An inspirational read into how the efforts of individuals can make a profound global impact.
- 3. Mindset: The New Psychology of Success by Carol S. Dweck, Ph.D. Growth mindset is now a well known philosophy that has permeated education. This is a great book that expands beyond the classroom.
- 4. Most Likely to Succeed: Preparing Our Kids for the Innovation Era by Tony Wagner and Ted Dintersmith. A phenomenal read which discusses the growing gap between credentials and competence in today’s youth.
- 5. Thinking, Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman. Winner of multiple awards, this book takes a fascinating look into how we think and make important decisions.
- 6. Development as Freedom by Amartya Sen. A look into the links between civil freedoms, political liberties, wealth, and economics.
- 7. Fields of Blood: Religion and the History of Violence by Karen Armstrong. A compelling look into all faiths, violence, and how mutual understanding between nations is critical to peace and compassion.
- 8. Creative Confidence: Unleashing the Creative Potential Within Us All by Tom Kelley and David Kelley. An entertaining read into how to boost your inherent creative capacities.
- 9. The Gen Z Effect: The Six Forces Shaping the Future of Business by Tom Koulopoulos and Dan Keldsen. A thought-provoking look into technology, innovation and how the next generation will profoundly impact business and prosperity.
- 10. You Are Not Special: … And Other Encouragements by David McCullough, Jr. The author expands on his viral YouTube commencement speech regarding students, helicopter parents and more.
For more educator and Group Leader resources please visit our Travel Resources page.