A Successful Journey Starts With A Program Information Meeting
The first step to any successful international journey with students is generating excitement among your student body and getting students to say YES!
For first time trip leaders the thought of hosting a Program Information Meeting(PIM) and recruiting students can seem like a daunting task. However, with a little pre-planning, and a lot of support from No Barriers Youth, you’ll have no problem delivering your PIM and getting the necessary sign-ups to you make your school trip a huge success.
Follow these few simple guidelines to get the ball rolling:
- Start Now – As soon as you get approval from your administration start thinking about how you’ll build student excitement and get the word out
- Promotional Material – Hang posters, flyers, handouts, and sign-up sheets to spread the word throughout the school
- Utilize School Resources – From the website, to daily announcements, to the school newsletter, make sure your trip information gets seen and heard everywhere
- Student Ambassadors – Consider choosing one or two students to recruit others and help spread the word
- Host a Program Information Meeting – All of your early promotion will encourage attendance at your PIM. Choose a day/night and time that is convenient and accessible for students and parents
- Drive Registration – From the night of your PIM, and for the next several weeks, help answer any questions and encourage students to register before the deadline!
This may seem like a time consuming list of tasks that you won’t be able fit into your already busy daily schedule. However, working with No Barriers Youth we fully support you throughout the entire process. We provide you with flyers, posters, a PIM meeting outline, and full PowerPoint presentation and all registration is handled online through our website. Don’t wait, inspire global curiosity in your students and start today!
- S Prev